Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Victoria Beckham Spring 2012

Now in her seventh season, you can really see that Victoria Beckham grows more and more as a designer with each collection. For spring 2012, there was much less black than we are used to seeing. Instead, she showcased several cream colored frocks and embraced the color blocking trend (specifically blues and oranges) we saw this past spring/summer. This collection also gave off a sportier vibe with looks that seemed to be inspired by athletes (hmm.. wonder where the inspiration came from) with patent baseball caps sitting atop the heads of her models, flat footwear, and parachute-esque jackets. Another trend I think she drew inspiration from was military styles because a lot of buckles were present this season as were geometric prints.

All in all I liked this collection a lot and I'm anxious to see it hit the bodies of celebrities all around the world. Some of my favorites were #3, 6, 9, 14, 21, and 26. I can see Victoria wearing #5, 6, 7, 9, 19, and 21 for sure! The only aspect of this show that I was not a fan of was the leather leggings and the baggy leather boots (all shoes were by Christian Louboutin again). I just don't see how they fit into a spring season when everything is supposed to be light and airy, but they definitely put the power on the runway!

What did you all think of this collection? Leave your favorite/least favorite numbers in the comments!
source: Style

No comments:

Post a Comment