Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Victoria's Other Wardrobe

Victoria Beckham's new Victoria by Victoria Beckham may have lower price points and a more casual aesthetic than her main line, but don't call it a diffusion line.

"It's not a second line, or a diffusion line - it's another line, another side to my wardrobe," she told assembled fashion press and buyers at the collection's launch in a New York loft yesterday. "This is a way to give my customers what they want. They are really easy-to-wear day dresses. You can wear everything with heels, but you can wear them with flats as well. And they fit a lot of different people. Nothing's tight: everything's quite comfortable and roomy."

The collection, a pared-down and wearable departure from what was Beckham's signature skin-tight silhouette until pregnancy encouraged her to make her autumn/winter 2011-12 offering looser, features her first foray into placement prints - including fluffy blue clouds and cats.

"I'm very into conversational prints this season," Beckham, herself wearing a cat-print dress, told a reporter from the Guardian. "I want a cat but David won't let me have one - he doesn't want them bringing mice in the house. He's a dog person."

"This has been a real labour of love for me and we have been working on it for around a year," she said, the Telegraph reports. "I wanted something that was a little bit more affordable but I did not want to compromise with design or quality."
source: Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment