Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

*Disclaimers and Whatnot*


January 15, 2008

American Idol Premiere Night has finally arrived!! The show has not even started yet and I am already having a Happy Bunny moment – this show is coming on just for me!! Heh heh.

Just need to vent for a little bit, so strap in...

I have been using some waiting time to read other AI blogs and have noticed that a few of them have some kind of “disclaimer” statement. In the world we live in today, where free speech has been replaced by “politically correct” BS, I suppose it is a matter of self-protection to provide those needful legalities. Call me crazy but isn’t there that whole “freedom of expression” thing that our ancestors fought so hard for? Now we feel obligated to say “oh I am so sorry if my thoughts do not match your thoughts.” Bull freakin’ crap on that.

The sole purpose of having an AI blog in the first place is so I can vent all my feelings about my favorite show and get all of the angst out of my system. This way I do not chatter incessantly about all things Idol and alienate my friends in the process. My ramblings and mumbo jumbo are therapeutic for me in a way, and since I write “laak I tawk” it is all very informal and fun. I enjoy making up words that will never be found on spell-check. (Reminder: that is why it’s called a WEB LOG, not an ACADEMIC THESIS.)

However, as a non-conformist who believes that “telling it like it is” is still the proper method of communication, I refuse to compromise on my opinions. While name-calling and bullying are definitely inappropriate, I think it’s okay to be {gasp} honest. Why call a dingbat a daffodil or a turd a tulip? Makes no sense to me.

So ... my disclaimer is simply this: these opinions are mine and only mine because this blog is my place to vent about my favorite show. If you are easily offended by the Truth According to Aunt Pearl, stop reading now. Back away slowly from the danger zone that used to be the American way of actually Having Our Own Beliefs.

And observe the Happy Bunny picture above and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment