Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy 2008!!


A new day has dawned in the new year… time to re-evaluate life and get those traditional New Year’s Resolutions down on paper, right? NOT!

No New Year’s Rez for this chickie. I mean when you stop and think about it, what ARE they all about anyway? Answer: they’re about making yourself better, which indicates that you’re just not good enough as you are. And although everyone has room for improvement, too much emphasis is placed on the could-have-beens and need-to-bes. At least so thinks Aunt Pearl, and it’s my blog, so deal.

Because list-making is a hobby of mine, and I am passing on the opportunity of a NY rez list, I need to think of something else to catalog. So here goes the latest…

TOP AMERICAN IDOL NEWS

My favorites…

DAUGHTRY tops the Billboard charts. How sweet he is to his fans is just one more reason why I love Chris … (Oh Boey! I know how that family feels... My angel daughter loved Alan Jackson but that’s a story for a different day. I have to go have a nervous breakdown now.)

Okay I'm back to continue my list of not-importantness...

Katharine is still pretty but her songs are kinda pop-blah-vanilla.

Elliott had a holiday CD out this season but darn, I missed it!

Mandisa!! is the queen of the gospel charts and nominated for a Grammy!!! Still love that gal!

Blake is not one of my faves but My Kid still loves him. He released a CD that more than likely has a lot of fartin noises on it.

Melinda, aka Mindy Doo toured with Michael W. Smith over Christmas. But we want your CD NOW!!! Pretty please?

Phil has a nice country song out…

Chris has a funny vid called Chris Sligh - New Album - Confessional Cam. He also plugs Phil’s song.

Bo is as ruggedly gorgeous as ever and has a new CD out called See the Light. Awww and he has a little boy now.

Clay - since I am a North Carolina native, I feel obliged to mention him. I still think he looks like kd lang.

Updates on past winners…

Kelly has a new stylish ‘do and plenty of ‘tude to spare. “Walk Away” is still my favorite song of hers.

Ruben returns pounds lighter, but has been dropped by his label, J Records.

Fantasia, another NC native, is ending her critically acclaimed portrayal of Celie on Broadway’s Color Purple run.

Carrie is a superstar; no news there, natch. Word is that she is set to tour with both Keith Urban and Josh Turner this year.

Taylor, prez of the Soul Patrol, has also been dropped by his label, J Records. There seems to be a pattern here…

Jordin - wow, she is a déjà vu of Kat McPhee (pretty but plain vanilla pop) …

P.S. Next for the extreme AI fan: Chicken Soup for the American Idol Soul – this is too much even for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment