Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Friday, April 8, 2011

Pia Toscano – Balladeer Extraordinaire



















In one of the "most shocking eliminations in American Idol history," Pia Toscana was voted off in ninth place this week. Pia had been considered a frontrunner since the Top 24, so the judges were very surprised by the outcome of the vote.

We didn’t meet Pia until Hollywood Week, when she demonstrated her incredible power vocals during the group round. Her singing continued to impress us as she rendered ballads in the style of icons Celine Dion and Whitney Houston.

As elegant and graceful as always, Pia opened up about her time on the show during her exit interview. Although she was in shock after the elimination, she believes that everything happens for a reason and there are better things in store for her. She is overwhelmed at the level of support she’s received from the fans, fellow contestants, and judges.

To her fans she says, “I’m just thankful that I made it this far. I’m in a happy place right now. I’m sad that I can’t perform for everybody next week, but I'll get my time. It’s not over for me. Keep watching the show and thank you for your support.”

Read more about Pia on her official AI web page

No comments:

Post a Comment