Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Skyping with Victoria Beckham

Victoria Beckham lives quite the demanding life, what with a Hollywood-based home full of kids and a British-based business. How can the pop star-turned-designer be in two places at once? Skype, of course!



In the Autumn/Winter 2011 issue of ELLE Collections, Beckham explained: "When I'm here in London, which is for about a week every month it's really, really full-on. Then, when I'm back in the US, I use Skype to talk with my team -- usually wearing either a dressing gown or a bikini."



The former-Posh Spice emphasized to ELLE that she's "just like another working mum out there" and not a spoiled housewife, like some might assume: "Contrary to what people think, I'm not one of those women who likes to go for lunch with friends and then go spend a fortune on Chanel handbags. I'm sure that's great, but it's not me. I work and I have my kids: I just don't have the time. So [instead of shopping] I get a lot of clothes on Net-a-Porter and I wear my own stuff."



Incidentally, her customers are just as big fans of Net-a-Porter as she is. Earlier this year, Beckham's line of handbags sparked a buying frenzy after they hit Net-A-Porter, with one style selling out in 60 seconds and another gone within hours.



To read more of Victoria Beckham's interview, pick up the Autumn/Winter 2011 issue of ELLE Collections on British newsstands or order online at ElleUK.com

source: Huffington Post & Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment