Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Friday, May 23, 2008

David Archuleta, Teenage Sensation



From the moment we saw David James Archuleta in San Diego at his initial audition, we were drawn to the teenage crooner. With two other Davids in the Top 24 (Cook and Hernandez), Archuleta was dubbed by pundits as “Little David” or “Archie.” His fan base is one of the hugest in American Idol history.

After winning Star Search at age 12, David overcame vocal paralyis, auditioned for AI and the rest is history.

From his AI home page:
Q: What would people be surprised to learn about you?
A: I’m half-Honduran, and got to go to Honduras a few years ago with my family and see my mom’s side of the family. I also sang at Carnaval there, a parade like Mardi Gras.

In various interviews, David talks about his American Idol experience.

Because the judges praised him so highly in the Final Two Round, many fans were shocked at David’s second place finish. David says that he is not disappointed at all and addresses the fans: “To the people who’ve been supporting me so much, I just want to thank them, first of all, because it means more than anything to know people are appreciating the hard work that we’re putting into this and I just want them to know that I’m feeling great about it.”

David talks about the other David, winner Dave Cook: “The fact that Cook won, I think he deserved it so much. He just proved it week after week that that guy, he deserves to be the American Idol, from even early in the competition. He’s such a great guy, too… He’s been like my big brother through all this. I’ve learned so much from him. I have a lot of respect for him. It just shows what he finds important in life, that it’s not just about him. And him being able to share that moment with everyone was really cool.”

The young singer holds his head high in regards to the controversy concerning his father and denies that he has ever been mistreated. David says, “My whole family has been such a great support and they’re the ones who have kept me grounded and allowed me to be who I am today.”

David expresses his desire to continue in music and pursue an education. He explains, “Lately, what I find is really interesting is the Ear-Nose-Throat doctor thing, which I know would take a lot of work and education, but it’s something that really interests me, because it’s something that helps people who’ve had the same problems as me, with the whole hearing and nose congestion and problems with your voice. It’s just something I can really relate to people with, because I’ve had so many issues with that stuff, so it’s be great to study into that more and be able to help out with all those problems and also learn about it.”

Adorable David also professes that he is not ready for the “drama” of romance. When girls scream his name, he says he is awkward about it. “Well, it’s really weird. It’s like, ‘Why are they yelling my name? I’m just David.’ It’s just kinda weird, because I’m just the same person. I don’t know why they’re treating me any differently…”

For his first album, he is interested in pop music in the vein of John Mayer and Sara Bareilles. He says they are “respected as real musicians and artists.” A self-professed “airhead,” the teenager is overwhelmed by the fame and fan support. He strives to remain “the normal teenage David.”

Keeping in touch... David’s official AI page and his wikipedia page.

No comments:

Post a Comment