Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Syesha Mercado, “The One”



We first met Syesha at the Miami audition, where she easily made it through to the Hollywood round. Also, we received a glimpse into her family life and the close relationship she has with her parents.

No stranger to the spotlight, Syesha was a contestant on a short-lived talent show called The One. Although that exposure did not make her a household name, making it to the top three of American Idol has been a true claim to fame.

From her AI home page:
Q: If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
A: I love me!

In her exit interview Syesha talks about coming so close: “To me, I made it. I think anybody who is on the show makes it. Success is different for every person. For me, this is very successful - making it to the Top 3. I set a goal and I got there. I'm very, very happy, I'm at peace. Only great things can come from here on out.”

Syesha reveals how she defines herself: “I’m a mix of a lot of things … I’m like a black Christina Aguilera [or] Alicia Keys.”

She also talks about dealing with her father’s drug addiction, and how difficult the early days of the competition were due to her being on vocal rest. Syesha also says that she and her fiancée have no wedding plans set at this time.

About the two Davids, she says: “David Archuleta has that beautiful smile and he has that really, really good connection with the kids, the younger audience. And David Cook has that connection the younger audience, the girls go crazy over him, and the older audience too, think he's really charming, like all the older women. I feel like I'm a little sister and a big sister to both the Davids and once everybody was gone we really had the chance to really really have a more intimate relationship and just have fun and that brotherly sisterly love.”

When asked what her plans were after Idol, and after the tour wraps, she had this to say: “Well, as I tell people, I want to do everything, and I’m really goal-oriented, so I know that whatever goal I set, it can be accomplished, whether it’s within a year span or whatever, ten years. So I want to make an album. I want to star in a film. I want to do Broadway. I want to open up an organic restaurant, and a lupus foundation, a homeless foundation. It just depends on what comes first, but I have goals that I want to do, and I write them down and am going to continue to look at them. Basically, whatever opportunity comes first and what’s the best career move for me, that’s pretty much what’s going to happen.”

Keeping in touch... Syesha’s myspace page.

No comments:

Post a Comment