Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Friday, May 2, 2008

Brooke White, Folk Singing Nanny



We first saw Brooke White in Philadelphia, when she was the last audition of the day for that city. She was a stand-out in many ways, most notably for her gentle spirit and sweet smile.

Brooke was one of the first contestants shown during Hollywood week that played piano; she wowed the judges, easily making it through to the Top 24.

Brooke is no stranger to the music business. Prior to American Idol, she released an independent album called Songs from the Attic.

From her AI home page:
Q: If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
A: I wish I wouldn't be such a worrier - I wish I could just let go and relax, yep.
Q: What other talents do you have?
A: I'm heavily right-brained, anything "artsy fartsy", drawing, decorating, music, doing hair... beautifying.

In her AOL interview, she talks about how it felt getting the news that she was going home: “It was emotional and I hoped so much I could have been stronger. I'm an emotional girl and I'm passionate, and I guess that really came across on stage because I felt really vulnerable every time.”

Brooke talks about her future: “I spoke to Carly Simon on the phone this morning during an interview. It was amazing. She was incredibly supportive. She was very generous in her comments. It really gave me inspiration to go in the direction I'm going - the singer/ songwriters of the '70s. I connect with what they do. I hope I can make that happen in 2008 in a more modern way.”

From her EW interview, about the infamous “do-over,” Brooke says: “You know, it didn't hit me what I did until after it was over. Like, how did that just happen? The situation can do some pretty funny things to you. You're a fish out of water. Sometimes I feel really at home on stage, and sometimes I don't. It's all over my face when I'm comfortable.”

Brooke will not be resuming her nanny position but she does say, “They're the most gorgeous kids, and I love them to pieces. But, well, I'll just say I don't mind babysitting every once in a while.”

Keeping in touch... Brooke’s myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment