Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Saturday, November 13, 2010

David Want's That MLS Cup Badly!

When David Beckham came to the LA Galaxy in July 2007, hopes were high that the franchise would quickly return to their winning ways. But did he expect success sooner than it’s taken?

I expected it to take longer, to be honest,” he said. “The first couple of years were difficult, because we obviously didn’t reach the playoffs. The last couple of years have been great. We’ve had exciting soccer played and we’ve reached the playoffs, which is important for this franchise. So personally, I’m happy with the way it’s gone the last couple of years.”

The last two years have been a lot better than the first year or two," David said. "That’s helped with Bruce [Arena] coming in and the stability he’s brought and keeping the same manager. To have a successful team you have to have stability and we’ve definitely had that the last two seasons.”

Arena made a slew of changes ahead of the 2009 season and the team struggled coming out of the blocks. But the Galaxy recovered to finish atop the Western Conference standings and reached the MLS Cup final, which they lost in penalties to Real Salt Lake. But for Beckham, that loss is in the past. What matters now is winning and getting back to the top. “I’m always driven to be successful and always driven to win," he said. "Having the injury was a disappointment to myself. My drive has never been an issue. I’ve always wanted success. I’m 35 years old now and I still want it as much as I did when I was 18, 19.”
source: LA Galaxy & Zimbio

No comments:

Post a Comment