Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Saturday, February 3, 2007

As We Sit Idol’ly By



Catchy title huh? Sometimes I am so clever that I just can’t stand myself. That’s okay, no one else can either, tee hee. I am so thankful that I have a blog to “talk” to and a place to vent my feelings. It is so weird how back in the “olden” days, we kept our journals in paper notebooks and we hid them under our mattress. Now we “let it all hang out” for the world to see.

Not that many in the world have seen my literary stylings. I feel apprehensive about sharing my blog, since it is very juvie and I write like I talk, which is all over the place. Guess it’s okay, though - that is why it is called a “web log” not “academic thesis.”

I started this mess last season, when my obsession with the show grew into a disease that I could not get under control. A 12-step program was needed. My friends would avoid me because there is only SO MUCH of one topic that even the very best of friends can tolerate. I felt like I was in 6th grade again when all I could think about was Shaun Cassidy on The Hardy Boys show.

But I am so-called all grown up now darn it, and it is time to put my obsessions away. Which I plan to do in May after this season’s finale! We have lots and lots of time to go before then and it is four (count ‘em) FOUR whole days to go until the next episode.

For the past couple of weeks, I have allowed silly and frivolous things like a full-time job and being a loving wife and mother get in the way of my American Idol time. Shame on me! (Okay, just in case My Kid lowers herself to read this… I am kiddin’, okay Miss Literal Minded?)

So to kill time until the final audition round, it is time to check the chatter on the ‘net. Let’s do some Idol research…

Weirdly and Oddly Enough (my two best friends), there seems to be more hits on Paula than on Punxsutawney Phil.

Even before the season started, the question was asked:

Paula Abdul - What is she smokin'???

According to her wikipedia page, it’s the reflex sympathetic dystrophy.

What Was in Paula's Cup?

“Did Paula Abdul have a few - or several - to help her get through the endless agony of listening to screeching "American Idol" contestants?”

77% of online voters agree that in spite of being Forever Our Girl, yep she is “straight up” to’ up.
Silly Paula is way better than a Dark Hole. Hopefully there will never be this much Love on AI…

Some other interesting headlines blare out, most of them neglies…

Jennifer Hudson: I Was ‘Abused,’ ‘Brainwashed’ by ‘American Idol’

“Newly minted movie star Jennifer Hudson is biting the hand that fed her - charging she was "abused" and "brainwashed" by "American Idol."”

Hmmm. Seems like she would be saying thanks instead, for she would still be a cruise ship singer if not for all the AI “abuse.” And Simon pretty much agrees…

Some more info on some of my fave contestants so far this season…

'Idol' Week 3: The Power List

Is Chris Sligh the rumored curly-haired 'Idol' favorite ?

Get the low down on lots of new contestants at this reality site

Of course, I have to close with a little braggin’ on last year’s favorite…

DAUGHTRY Reaches Number 1 Spot on Billboard Top 200

Good place to listen – Daughtry Sessions

‘Til Tuesday …

No comments:

Post a Comment