Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ramiele Malubay, Fiery Filipino Sensation



When we first saw Ramiele at the Miami audition, we were taken by her cuteness and charm and blown away by her rendition of “Natural Woman.” Inspired by Jasmine Trias, Ramiele stated that she wished to become the first Asian American Idol.

Ramiele has come a long way from the sushi restaurant where she worked prior to becoming a contestant on the show. Needless to say, her soy-sauce-dispensing days are long over!

From her AI home page:
Q: What do you think gives you the edge in this competition?
A: My edge is I'm 4'11" with a big voice, crazy/funky hair and a great personality.

From her EW exit interview, she explains her closeness to the other contestants: “I was everyone's little sister. Even David Archuleta. Even though I'm older than him, he was always coming up to me and patting me on the head. I'm like, ''What are you doing, kid?'' We all just act like fools around each other. The world sees David Cook's serious side and Michael Johns' serious side, but you guys really need to see us when we're not performing.”

In her MTV interview she says that she did not ever feel like it was an “uneven playing field” because some of the other contestants have more experience in music. She also states that they are “a big family.”

In her AOL interview Ramiele says, “You should never second-guess yourself, you should always go with your first instinct. I was so terrified of that humongous stage. But now I'm going to be on tour and I'm going to have to be on a lot of humongous stages.”

About Jasmine Trias: “She left a lot for me to follow, so I'm really grateful to her for being the first Filipino American Idol on the show and doing big things.”

On what’s next: “I'm staying in L.A. for a while and I'm going to try to pursue something here. And if that doesn't work, I'm definitely going back to school for nursing. I also wanted to try acting.” She also mentions that she will roommate with BFF Danny Noriega after the AI tour.

Keeping in touch... Ramiele’s myspace pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment