Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Friday, March 21, 2008

Amanda Overmyer, Two-Toned Rock & Roll Biker Nurse



From her very first audition in Atlanta, the judges were taken with the “rocker chick” who is also a respiratory nurse and drives a Harley. Amanda became one of our very favorites, and we were glad when she made it through the Hollywood rounds and into the Top 24.

Amanda says that all she really cares about is staying true to herself and her rock–n–roll roots, and that being on American Idol was like being a “square peg in a round hole.” She is just as happy performing in a local bar in her hometown, but here’s hoping that we won’t have to go to Indiana to see her perform again.

From her AI home page:
Q: What’s been your toughest obstacle in life?
A: This. I am learning that to go out of my comfort zone can be beneficial and a growing experience. I am scared to death to quit my job to pursue this. I am not used to not being in control - this is definitely a learning experience.

From her EW exit interview:
Q: Sometimes you had this look on your face like “What the heck am I doing here?” Is that what you were feeling?
A: I thought that every day. But I wouldn't have gotten recognized if I had not done the show. I don't have it in me to come to L.A. and beat the pavement to be a rock star. That's why I went to college and got a mortgage and got a career.

In her AOL interview she says that she doesn’t think the younger voters related to her, and that she would not have fit in on the tour. Not unexpectedly, she did not enjoy the group performances.

In People, she says: “Success to me is a strong healthy family and success in whatever job you do and I wouldn’t have it in me if this is just 15 minutes of fame. I’m not going to chase it my whole life trying to get it back. I’ll take it for what it is and move on. Hopefully, it’s not. Hopefully I can make a career out of this, but it’s not going to be that unicorn that I keep chasing.”

Keeping in touch... Amanda’s AI page

Fan web page

No comments:

Post a Comment