Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Saturday, March 15, 2008

David Hernandez, Cabaret Charmer



The first time we saw David was during Hollywood week when he did a fantastic rendition of “Love the One You’re With.” Randy said that he loved it from “note one” and Paula agreed “100 trazillion percent.” However, Simon was not won over until the semi-finals when David impressed him with “Papa was a Rolling Stone.”

Recently, David’s past was revealed in regards to a controversial job that he had as a “male entertainer.” Too bad so much emphasis was made on that and not the other accomplishments that David had made pre-AI. He was a contestant on Arizona Idol as well as a cruise ship singer. He was also part of a singing quartet called The Vinyl Four.

From his AI home page:
Q: If you couldn’t sing, which talent would you most like to have?
A: Dancing! I’m horrible at that!

From his EW exit interview: In regards to his “everything happens for a reason” comment, David says, “I think there's another door that's going to open. There's something coming up for me that’s going to be big.” He also commends Elisabeth Hasselbeck for taking up for him on The View.

In his MTV interview David discusses the pressures of being in the spotlight: “I think adversity is my best friend. I think it's something that inspires me. It makes me work harder. I don't have anything to say to the people that tried to bring me down or count me out. I just tell them, "Count me back in," because honestly, that's all you can do. In this industry, you have to have thick skin and know that people are going to say bad things about you, and if this is the worst thing that people are going to say about me in my career, then it's okay.”

His AOL exit interview reveals his plans for the future: “I'm going to shop around a record deal. I'm looking at labels who are interested in me right now and would like to have an album released in the next year. And I'm definitely keeping my mind open to ... other options. I'd love to do Broadway.”

Keeping in touch... David’s AI home page and wikipedia page.

No comments:

Post a Comment