Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Chikezie Eze, Sassy & Soulful Singer



When we first met Chikezie in the “Best of the Rest” episode, he auditioned with a Luther Vandross song which launched him to the Hollywood rounds. This week he came full circle by closing his American Idol run on yet another soulful ballad by that same artist.

There is no doubt that Chikezie was one of the more talented contestants this year, although his full potential was not recognized until Lennon/McCartney week. His rendition of “She’s a Woman” was off-the-charts good and one of the best AI performances ever.

From his AI home page:
Q: Where do you draw inspiration from?
A: I draw inspiration from my faith.
Q: Who is the person that you would most like to meet?
A: Easy… Jesus.

From his EW exit interview:
Q: Let's talk about your mother. I love her. Does she know that Idol fans love her?
A: Yeah, I have no complaints there. She got the Best Mother award a long time ago. She knows she's a celebrity.

About his song choice this week, he says: “I don't do things for no reason. When I'm performing, it's with the intention of lifting up people's spirits and entertaining them.”

Chikezie met David Hernandez in line at the San Diego auditions and they became fast friends. About the other Davids, one is called “Archie” and the other “Cookie.”

In his AOL interview, he discusses his feelings about being eliminated: “I was glad that none of the other guys had to go home. Honestly, I was. Because that's probably the hardest part of the show - saying goodbye to your friends.”

He also revealed the reason that he dropped his last name for the show. Contrary to how the judges said the name, as “Easy” that is not correct. It is actually pronounced “Eh-zeh.”

As for what the future holds, he would like to continue singing and give acting a try as well. He says, “I'm the type of person that I like to see what I can do, see what my boundaries are. I'm always testing myself to see what I can accomplish.”

Keeping in touch... Chikezie’s myspace page

No comments:

Post a Comment