Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

10 Questions with Victoria Beckham

Last year, I posted some information about Victoria and her family learning sign language... much to the happiness of Productive Silence who praised the fashion designer for her desire to learn and make a difference:

Victoria Beckham recently mentioned in an interview that she and her family were learning some sign language to better communicate with a family friend. News of this made its way around the world at warp speed. Of course the quick “easy sell” were the “funny” aspects; that the kids were learning naughty words, etc., over looking a greater message. When Victoria and I discussed this in person, she mentioned that she really had hoped to communicate something different. She was proud and excited to be learning about Deaf Culture and had only hoped that her mention of this would inspire others interest in Sign Language/Deaf Culture.

After writing an article about Victoria, they also conducted a mini-interview that consisted of the following 10 questions..

PS: What does silence mean to you?
VB: Although silence can be extremely powerful and peaceful at certain times, I can also imagine silence could be a very lonely place.

PS: Have you ever felt silenced, by someone else, a situation, or by the world, that your voice did not matter? When and how?
VB: Many times at school when I was younger and bullied by the other children I felt silenced and that my voice didn’t matter.

PS: How did this (above) make you feel?
VB: Lonely and scared.

PS: How did you find the strength to go against the limits that were imposed upon you?
VB: I focused on my strengths and my love of dance. I also focused on my family life with my parents, sister and brother.

PS: How do you stand up for yourself on a daily basis?
VB: I just tried to keep out of the way ignore the negatives and focus on my family and schoolwork.

PS: What do you feel is your greatest quality?
VB: I’m a really good mother and wife, because my family is everything to me.

PS: How are you most misunderstood?
VB: Most people in my position are misunderstood, because some people tend to believe whatever they read in the media, they don’t know the real me. As you get older your priorities change and you learn to focus on what is important, I am a positive and happy person, someone who believes the glass is half full, never half empty.

PS: Please define yourself?
VB: I’m a very focused, loving, caring and passionate person. I treat other people how I would like to be treated. That’s the way I was brought up and how I try to bring up my own children. I’m a spiritual person and I believe in the power of positive energy, I put out there what I would like to get back. I consider myself really blessed and I want to share my voice and help as many people as I can. That is why I have agreed to do this interview with you.

PS: How do you hope to leave your mark on the world? How do you hope to be remembered?
VB: All that really matters to me is my family so I want to be remembered as a good mother and wife. Professionally I would like to be the person who made women look and feel beautiful and confident.
source

No comments:

Post a Comment