Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Friday, March 11, 2011

Ashthon Jones – Miss DivaLite Will Be Alright



















We first noticed Ashthon during Hollywood Group Rounds when she sang “Hit Em Up Style” with wacky Ashley and a couple of other gals. She showed compassion to Ashley when she was at her most unstable and I have always admired her for that. 

Other than that group performance, her singing has not been that impressive to me.  It didn’t help that everyone was suddenly calling Ashthon this year’s “diva.”  Sure, she was sassy and confident, but I never got the vibe from her that she was arrogant or self-serving.

Here are some things that we learned about Ashthon from her exit interviews, in her own words.

“It's not always a bad thing to be the first person to go. I feel like it was all in God's timing, and he has something better for me. I'm not saying American Idol was not [good], but something great is what I feel in my spirit right now, and I can't wait to see what is going to happen.”

"I did break down a little bit because I was leaving, but I left those tears on the stage. That strength has nothing to do with me. That strength comes from God. I know a lot of people don't believe or don't understand what I'm saying, but that strength comes from up above."

She expresses gratitude for the experience and the friendships that she made while participating on the show.  As for having the DIVA label put upon her, she says, “A diva is not always a person that has that attitude, you know, ‘I’m all that.’ I like to dress, I love to have make-up on, I like to do my hair…. I love to have confidence, but that confidence doesn’t come from myself. It comes from God, and that’s what I wanted America to see.”

Learn more about Ashthon on her official American Idol page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment