Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Friday, May 6, 2011

Jacob Lusk – A Big Hearted Diva



















American Idol introduced us to soulful Jacob Lusk during the Hollywood group rounds, when he did an incredible run at the end of “Get Ready.” Our first thought was “where have they been hiding this guy?”

With his unbelievable range and joyful spirit, Jacob brought a gospel-tinged element to every song he performed on the show this year.

We learn more about “Brother Lusk” during his exit interview. Jacob says that he wanted to do different things and please the Idol fans week after week.  “I’m going to give it my all, I’m not going to hold anything back. And that’s what I did.”

In regards to the infamous “Man in the Mirror” comment, Jacob claims that he was misunderstood. “That was really more about my song selection and what was going on in the world at that time.” He adds, “It was kind of sensationalized a little bit… a whole lot.”

He describes himself as the “R&B crooner, soulful gospel guy.” Like a lot of artists of his genre, he got his start at singing in church. “You can’t take gospel singing out of a person.”

In spite of the criticism he has received from the show runners, especially Jimmy Iovine, he promises to put out the kind of music that his fans will like and have come to expect from him.

Jacob describes how he was teased while in school and had moments when he felt like giving up. He knew the tides were turning when he performed “God Bless the Child” to great praise. “I didn’t want to wonder where I was going to live or if I was going to have money to pay rent, and now I don’t have to worry about that ever again.”

He is proud to have made it to the top five and feels that the remaining contestants are all talented performers. “I want to say thank you to everyone who supported me. I don’t take any of it for granted.”

Learn more about Jacob on his official American Idol web page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment