Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Meet Alice Greczyn, the Face of VB Denim & Eyewear


Model and actress Alice Greczyn, 25, was elated when she turned up at a Malibu beach party - and left as the new face of Victoria Beckham's denim and eyewear collection. Mrs Beckham had been struggling to find a girl to model the look book for her spring/summer 2011 line when she spotted Miss Greczyn lounging on the deck of the beach house in a bikini.

The mother-of-three approached the actress - who has appeared in Road Trip and Dukes of Hazzard - saying 'I love your freckles' before asking her if she had tried modelling and ushering her husband David over to take some pictures.

In an interview with Grazia, Miss Greczyn revealed how the former Spice Girl made her footballer husband David take her picture.

"I was immediately struck by [Victoria's] smile," she said. "You don't often see her smiling in pictures, but it's really kind. She then called over David and directed him as he took my picture. Amazingly I wasn't nervous. She's lovely and he's such a gentleman - although it tickled me that David Beckham was taking my picture."

The two exchanged their agents' numbers and a week later, last September, Miss Greczyn flew to New York for the photo shoot.

Mrs Beckham described the meeting as 'fate'. "I'm always on the lookout for inspiring girls and I believe in fate, so meeting Alice was meant to be. She embodies the spirit of my denim, is naturally beautiful and a perfect fit for the collection. I loved finding Alice - a young fresh talent."

In the campaign, Miss Greczyn models Victoria Beckham's oversized sunglasses and super skinny jeans against a background of geometric patterns. The designer was so pleased with the photos she named a pair of her newest skinny jeans 'Alice' - a flattering tribute to her model.

"It reminds me how funny living in LA can be," said Miss Greczyn. "You go to a friend's barbecue and you leave as the face of Victoria Beckham's look book."

What a lucky girl! And such a stunner!
source: DailyMail

No comments:

Post a Comment