Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Scotty McCreery – Our Hometown Superstar




















When we saw Scotty’s first audition and learned that he was from Garner, we became instant fans. Not just because his hometown is right down the road from us, but because of his deep, rich voice and sparkling personality.

Scotty consistently performed well during the season, never straying far from his country roots. He gave his fans exactly what they had come to expect. What has impressed me the most about the lovable 17-year-old is that he has never wavered from professing his devout faith in Christ.

The winner of season ten revealed more insight during his wrap-up interviews. “This is pretty wild, I gotta say. A whole lot more than I bargained for coming into this – I never would have expected it.” Scotty feels that he is handling the "crazy ride" well so far.

Scotty looks forward to performing at the upcoming CMA music festival. He’d like to play the Grand Ole Opry as well. The teenage winner was surprised and thrilled to learn that his first single is currently number one on iTunes.

The young southern gentleman genuinely felt that he would come in second to Lauren Alaina. “She's something else. She sings like a bird. She’s just an amazing young lady.” He denies rumors of a romance with the fellow contestant. He hopes to cut a duet with Lauren for his first album.

In regards to his amazing voice, Scotty says, "I’ve always kinda sounded the same… Vegas week was the week that I discovered that I could kinda sing higher than I had been singing in the competition so far."

He adds, "Everybody had their own niches. Country music is me. It’s what I grew up with. It’s what I do. I didn’t have any intention of changing. My thing was - if it got me this far, why change it up? It’s what I love to do."

Read more about this season’s winner on his official American Idol page.

No comments:

Post a Comment