Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Saturday, May 14, 2011

James Durbin – Making Metal Magic



















From his very first audition, when he sang an impromptu duet with Steven Tyler, James Durbin has given new meaning to the words “Dream On.”

James was diagnosed with both Asperger’s and Tourette’s at a young age and has faced many challenges.  He was in Kids on Broadway Theater as a child which helped his social awkwardness, and with the loving support of his family, fiancée and friends, he has pursued a career in music. James has often talked about how his American Idol performances were inspired by Heidi and their son Hunter. 

We learn more about James and his unique musical style from his exit interview. In regards to his departure, he says, “It’s been a whirlwind of emotions. I’ve been thinking about why I came on the show. I’m brought back to those feelings. It’s for my family – and to try and give a voice to a genre of music that is slowly fading away. I accomplished a lot on the show. I’m really grateful for the opportunity.”

The best piece of advice that he received: “Don’t hold back, just roll with it, keep giving it everything.” All of his performances were staged from his own ideas.  “I wrote it, I drew out a story board for everything.  Every performance had an idea. I just ran with it. I’m happy.”

In regards to coming in fourth place, James says that he doesn’t feel like he failed. “This is just the beginning.” He adds, “Getting to work is exciting. I’m really stoked.”

James ensures his fans that his first album will have a “real throwback feel.” He is determined to get metal music back on the charts. He is looking forward to working with artists like Mike Portney and Zakk Wylde.

The rocker is excited about the future. “I’ve only just begun. I feel I’ve been given something special and I’ve been given this great opportunity. To run with it and bring a voice to a new generation. Maybe it’s bringing a voice from an old generation to this generation. I hope I can bring a little bit of that into the picture.”

Read more about James on his official American Idol web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment