Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Monday, February 4, 2008

Pooper-bowl Pun-day



With apologies to Fran Drescher, “Football Schmootball.” I don’t hate sports, am just totally indifferent to the fact that they exist on this planet. The only football player I recognize is tabloid fodder Tom Brady and that’s only because he hosted Saturday Night Live one time.

But if I want to watch violence and mayhem, I’ll just rent the Die Hard movies again. Or re-watch the ab-fab eps of the new Terminator series. And I can still serve cheese dip.

Speaking of Velveeta goodness… there was much American Idol representation going on at Superbowl 2008! (Or so I heard, as I did not watch not even for the half-time show or the commercials.)

If you missed any of this action like I did, fret not - it’s all over youtube.

This is the scuttlebutt… Our very own Ryan Seacrest provided coverage of celebrity arrivals to the game site. Just call him the manly Joan Rivers, heh.

Paula fake-sang the song that she made with the dawg Randy, “Dance Like There’s No Tomorrow,” while the vid played in the background. It’s her first music video in over a decade and thankfully features no cartoon animals.

Last year’s winner, the beautiful and talented Jordin Sparks performed the national anthem, and lest we forget, her dad was a football player once upon a time.

Quick question – does NO ONE sing live anymore??

Dunno who won the game or even who played for that matter. I looked it up but forgot as soon as I closed the web browser. I am a fount of nothing when it comes to sports. Even my favorite football movie is The Waterboy and that’s because Mama Boucher was funny as heck. Whoever lost last night would probably agree right now that “Fool’s Ball is the devil.”

Now pass those chips while we watch the commercials online … Loved the “Charlie Brown gets the Coke” commercial and the American Idol ad with that Ben guy. Check them out

No comments:

Post a Comment