Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Monday, February 11, 2008

Not Yer Mammy’s Grammys



Welcome to The Grammy Awards 2008, hosted by … NOBODY.

When I was a kid, watching this annual awards show was the next best thing to Christmas. Nowadays though, not so much.

There was American Idol representation at this 50th year ceremony. Nominated former Idols included Carrie Underwood for C&W’s “Before He Cheats” and a duet with Brad Paisley called “Oh Love.” Chris Daughtry (otherwise known as just Daughtry) for “Home” and “It’s Not Over” (co-written by Ace Young.) Fantasia for R&B’s “When I See U.” Kelly Clarkson for the re-do of “Because of You” with Reba. Mandisa for Gospel’s “True Beauty.” Jennifer Hudson for her contribution to the Dream Girls soundtrack album. The only winners were Carrie and Jennifer, but as a die-hard AI fan, it was nice to see the others nominated.

As far as how our Idols looked at the Grammy Awards show: Chris was in a very shiny suit, Fantasia was sporting a weird black and white hairdo, and Carrie was wearing an evening gown made out of floral curtains. (However, while performing, Carrie borrowed Shania’s “Man I Feel Like a Woman” outfit; all that was missing was the hat and veil.)

I am equal parts proud and ashamed that from the list of winners, I have never heard of 98% of these people… My Gawd I feel old.

No comments:

Post a Comment