Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

American Idol: Welcome Home













The pre-show to tonight’s premiere is called “Welcome Home.” While the show is going to cover the winners of Idols past, I also feel like it’s a shout-out to Aunt Pearl’s blog coming back!! Because it’s all about me, yes? LOL.

I am trying to be more excited about tonight’s show, but I am very under the weather. The “Itis” family has come to visit and they are determined to stay awhile. Sitting here with me tonight is Bronch and his sister Sinus. Their cousin Laryng can’t be too far behind! So pardon me if my anti-itis meds render me incoherent.

A couple of friends have asked me why I decided to start watching the show again. I made such a big stink over “quitting” the series that some are surprised that I am going back to it this season. Well, there are a couple of reasons. There are a lot of differences in the format this year. Two of the judges have changed, and I like Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez. But mainly, I am tuning in again because I miss the blogging!

So let’s see what the Idols Past have been up to –

Non cave-dwellers already know that chronologically, our winners have been: Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hicks, Jordin Sparks, David Cook, Kris Allen, and Lee DeWyze.

A quick look at this list and you know right off the bat who the chart toppers are – Carrie and Kelly. Fantasia and Taylor have already made a mark on the Broadway stage and Jordin will join them soon in this endeavor. Trim Ruben looks great and has hits on the gospel charts. Kris and Lee seem like humble, adorable young fellas. And ah my favorite David Cook! Pardon me while I just stop and sigh… He is still a gorgeous, gracious, articulate sweetheart.

It’s nice to see everyone again, even the winners that weren’t my favorites. The producers were able to get all nine to participate in the special, which is a surprise. I am sure that they won’t cover Kelly’s feuding with the “brass” or Fantasia’s trainwrecky reality show.

We do get some background info about the audition process. Jordin was turned down her first time and almost all of them were given conflicting advice from various people. No surprise there. I like that Ruben is doing choir work and that Carrie is involved in funding animal shelters. They all say that American Idol changed their lives for the better and they have no regrets.

Kelly says, “We’re all like normal average kids.” For some reason this brought a tear to my eye. Must be the meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment