Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Victoria Beckham Celebrates Curves on The View

It was "Fashion Friday" on The View this week and Victoria Beckham was the stylish guest of honor. Mrs. B met with the ladies of the hit chat show and discussed everything from her sons and husband to her dog and new fashion line.

She also showed off the latest looks from her new Autumn Winter 2010 collection. She said: "For me, colour is always important. So I've got some strong colours this season. It's about texture, and also a lot of drapery. And I just want to celebrate a woman's curves. Although, you're right, I don't have that many myself. Iwant to celebrate a woman's curves. I love a woman's body and I want to make women look and feel fantastic." Victoria also showed off her new line of handbags to a gracious applause from the studio audience.



She also beamed with pride as Barbara Walters showed off the front page of fashion industry bible Women's Wear Daily [WWD], featuring one of Victoria's spring 2011 designs. Mrs. B went on to say, "It's been a real whirlwind. To be on the cover of WWD is such a big deal. With this dress that was on the cover it was me in my studio, with a metre-and-a-half of parachute silk, draping it on myself and tying it in a knot and saying, "OK, what do I think?" And to look at where it started and see it on the cover, it is incredible, it really is a dream come true."

Victoria also set the record straight about comments she refused to use size zero models for her fashion shows. "The tabloids said that I said that, and in actual fact I didn't. However it is something that I do agree with and take into consideration every season. I take my position very seriously. For me so long as the girls are healthy, aren't too young and [are] fit, that's what I'm looking for. I don't want a really, really skinny model." Mrs. B also admitted that she was a size zero herself - but said she was healthy, "I work out, I eat healthily, I'm running around after three children."

And of course there had to be mention of her hunky hubby whom she poked fun at. She said: "He's great, we're very lucky. He's a pain in the neck sometimes, don't get me wrong. I mean, he looks perfect..."

Everyone in the studio audience took home a bottle of Beckham Signature.
source: DailyMail

No comments:

Post a Comment