Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

David Visits the 2012 Olympic Stadium

Before heading to Zurich, David Beckham visited the east London site where the 2012 Games will be held and declared himself impressed by the facilities being built.

Becks grew up in nearby Leytonstone and said it was a "very proud" moment for a local lad because he could tell it would be a "beautiful stadium" to play football in after 2012.

"I think that maybe my sons have got a better chance than me (of playing in the Olympic Stadium) considering my age but as a stadium it is somewhere I would love to play in because you can see the atmosphere here already is great and there is no one in it. This is the first time I have been in the stadium area and been able to see the development of the stadium. When you drive up to it - it has obviously got that awe about it. It is a very proud moment, not just for myself but also for East End people, to be able to see the make over of the area."

source: Mirror & davidbeckham.cz

No comments:

Post a Comment